Home > Cinnamon for diabetes > More cinnamon recipes
2 slices of bread (Any type)
the bread on both sides. When they are done spread butter and then
sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar on top. Put them under the grill again
for a few seconds to allow it to melt.
Cinnamon ice cream.
Vanilla ice cream
Serve up the ice cream as normal. Before eating put some ground cinnamon on and mix it into the ice cream.
Servings: 12 muffins
For the topping:
1/3 cup (84ml) brown sugar
1/4 cup (63ml) chopped walnuts
1/4 cup (63ml) rolled oats
1/2 cup (125ml) all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons (45ml) unsalted butter, softened
For the filling:
3 tablespoons (45ml) unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup (125ml) brown sugar
1 and 1/2 tablespoons (23ml) ground cinnamon
For the muffins:
8 tablespoons (120ml) unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup (188ml) milk
2 large eggs
1 and 3/4 cups (438ml) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (125ml) rolled oats
2 tablespoons (30ml) cornstarch
3/4 cup (188ml) granulated sugar
1 tablespoon (15ml) baking powder
1/2 teaspoon (2.5ml) salt
Pinch ground nutmeg
1/2 cup (125ml) cinnamon chips
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a cupcake pan with the liners of your choice.
3. For the topping: In a large bowl, combine all of the topping ingredients, stirring with a fork until the mixture is crumbly; set aside.
4. For the filling: In a small bowl, combine all of the cinnamon filling ingredients, mixing until smooth; set aside.
5. For the muffins: In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, milk, and eggs, whisking until combined.
6. In another large bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients, mixing well.
7. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir with a rubber spatula until the batter is smooth and well-combined.
8. Place approximately 2 tablespoons of the batter into each muffin liner (fill them halfway up.)
9. At this point, place about 1-2 teaspoons of the cinnamon filling on top of the muffin batter.
10. Place the remaining batter on top of the cinnamon filling.
11. Sprinkle the topping over each muffin.
12. Bake until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
Recipe from The curvy carrot website.
Apple and cinnamon breakfast crunch
Any Crunchy breakfast cereal
Cut up the apple and put on a plate, make sure that you have taken out all of the core and that you have peeled it. Pour a teaspoon of water over it and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Place in the microwave for 30 seconds-1 minute or until the apple is soft.
Put the yogurt and crunchy cereal in a bowl and pour the apple and cinnamon on top.
This is a very filling breakfast and one of my faves.
Back from More cinnamon recipes to liveahealthylifewithdiabetes.com
Free e-book on healthy living for all my subscribers.
Just fill in the form below and receive it in your inbox today.